LV Transformer advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a door bell in the usa and now I want to install it here. It calls for a transformer described as follows
Low Voltage Transformers, Input: 120VAC, Output: 16VAC-15VA

Any suggestions where I can get the equivalent for UK input. I wondered about the lower level of recessed lighting transformer.

All suggestions welcomed.

Sponsored Links
There is a slight frequency issue. What are the specs for your doorbell and what type of doorbell is it?

If it is a standard 'bell' type doorbell it may have some problems.

I'd be very surprised if the frequency difference would have any effect on a doorbell....

Look in Maplins for adapters that output 16V AC and are rated at 15VA or 1A or greater.

Lighting transformers will be NBG, as they are 12V.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the prompt replies. I'll check out Maplin tonight.
As for the bell spec, I'm not sure how to answer that. Its a doorbell - goes DING DONG. I bought it because I could hear it and it was LOUD unlike the stuff I had seen here. I had already tried wireless and they just dont work for me - too much interference on the signal between the oputiside of the porch and the receiving unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back