M20 panels or resilient bars?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need to sound proof a party wall (with chimney breast on it) & cant afford to loose very much space (same as everyone doing this I assume).

The noise I want to cut out is a TV bolted on to my neighbours chimney breast (I can hear every word sometimes) & general talking (which isnt too bad just general mumbling).
I also intend to do the bedroom as they have very very loud sex which is very annoying! (this also has a chimney breast on it).

I have read a little about it and it seems to come down to M20 panels or resilient bars but not sure which would be the best solution to cut out the most noise.

I intend to lift the floor boards downstairs and upstairs to put packing against walls between joists but if I dothis downstairs will it not introduce damp to the walls (what should I use?)

Also if you leave a 5mm gap around the plastr board and seal with silicone do you skim over the silicone & if not wouldnt it make the wall look a mess.

Appologies for my naivety on the subject and I know this has been brought up lots already (I have read quite a few threads on here) but never really found the answer Im looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to read my hread and any help you can give.

Jon

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back