M25 shut for weekend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wont effect me as it's over 200 miles away but I'm struggling to comprehend the impact closing that section near Heathrow will have on surrounding areas.
When I first started driving, 1973 I think, they'd just started building it. Driving from Slough to Gatwick was an adventure, I vaguely recall some roundabouts known as the silly isles and driving through somewhere called Pease Pottage FFS.
The main route north was through Iver Heath, Denham Village and Rickmansworth, I still take that route when in the area just out of nostalgia.

Anyway, anyone living in that area, drive safe.

Sponsored Links
Started life as the M16 in parts at least. It was comprised of bits of the various unfinished Ringways projects stitched together.

I was supposed to stay with a freind tonight in Windsor. I called it off as life got a bit busy this week.

Interesting fact, the M25 is not motorway all the way round! I found this out by accident when I was still on a provisional motorcycle licence (learners were not allowed on motorways) and I wanted to go to Bluewater shopping centre in Kent from my home in Essex. I started to look up alternative routes (Black wall tunnel?) and I found out that the QE2 bridge and the tunnel are actually the A282 so learners in cars and on bikes can cross it.

Sponsored Links
2c43f980-35f7-433e-8e0b-6b0eaa580fd0_text.gif

According to the project manager (Jonathon Wade), people should decorate their bathroom or 'something'...

Or sit in their garden this weekend...

When pressed as to whether he could guarantee that the 6.00am Monday deadline would be met, a now deleted post on social media said that if not people could always take a day off!

Granted that particular bit of the M25 is a big problem, but a bit more tact needed!

You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

The publicised diversion route is near us and it doesn’t appear too busy so all the media warnings seem to have been heeded.

Fingers crossed it’ll be open for 6 am on Monday and people will forget about it very quickly.

But there is still about 18 months until this awful junction rebuild is complete - so bring that on as it’s been a nightmare for decades

Interesting fact, the M25 is not motorway all the way round! I found this out by accident when I was still on a provisional motorcycle licence (learners were not allowed on motorways) and I wanted to go to Bluewater shopping centre in Kent from my home in Essex. I started to look up alternative routes (Black wall tunnel?) and I found out that the QE2 bridge and the tunnel are actually the A282 so learners in cars and on bikes can cross it.
Apparently, the M60 is the only orbital motorway, but even that's a bit of a dubious claim because at J18 you have to TOTSO (Turn Off To Stay On) or else you end up leaving the M60 and joining the M66.

We've got a new road being built connecting us direct to the A30, last sections of the A30 not duelled are now being duelled with new roundabouts and over passes, this has pushed a lot of traffic toward Truro which has one lane shut on the main road and roadworks further down for a larger gas main installation. I don't think I've ever seen so many roadworks.

It'll all be worth it in the end.

If I had been asked it would be sorted by the time you tuck into your Sunday breakfast bottle of rocket fuel ;)
If you had been asked, you would have told everyone you were GOING to sort it and then do feck all except hint at a raft of problems as to why you didn’t, wouldn't, couldn't just like your 2019 emigration failure.

Last edited:
It’s junction 10.

I needed to get to Portsmouth and ended up leaving 30 minutes earlier to arrive nearly an hour early. I think plenty of people are just staying in

When pressed as to whether he could guarantee that the 6.00am Monday deadline would be met, a now deleted post on social media said that if not people could always take a day off!
Unlucky, Mr Schadenfreude.

Sponsored Links
Back