Macallister Shredder MSHP2800D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dusted off an ex-display garden shredder I bought a while back and set it up outside. Unfortunately for me, it will not turn on. No sound, only thing I get is a blinking red light between the on-off-reverse buttons. This seems to suggest the front panel is not fitted correctly, but for the life of me I can’t figure out what’s wrong. I’ve made sure that the collection box is correctly located. All looks good, except the counter blade is wobbly until i tighten it up to the cutting blade.
Anybody have any experience of this issue? Seems different makes use a very similar design.
IMG_8361.jpeg

Sponsored Links
If the machine is not starting then it could be for any of the following reasons:

1.Not connected to power supply

2. Power cord or plug is defective

3. Other electrical defect to the product

4. Overload protection is activated

5. Interlock switch, on the collection box, is unlocked

6. The blade guard is not fixed correctly (the indicator light blinking red)

If all of these things have been checked then it could be a faulty unit and would need to be returned for a replacement.

Thanks for the reply. Blade guard not fixed correctly is the issue, but I’m unable to tell why it’s not fixed correctly or how to refit it correctly. It looks as though there is a small pressure bar that the plate pushes in when tightening- I’ll try again tomorrow, after that it’s off to the tip.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back