Macerator pump and MCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I want to install a Profisplit macerator in a downstairs bathroom. The unit power rating is 1000W. The dedicated circuit supplying it has a 10A MCB on the RCD protected side of the consumer unit feeding a local fused spur with a 5A fuse.

My question is, if the macerator draws 4A, is a 5A fuse adequate? Also, might the starting current trip the MCB?

Or should I just fit the 600W version and look forward to it clogging up? :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
My question is, if the macerator draws 4A, is a 5A fuse adequate? Also, might the starting current trip the MCB?
5A fuse is fine. Very unlikely it will trip the MCB - it would have to draw 30+ amps on startup to do so.

They all clog / jam / break / fail in every way possible. Is there really no way of getting a normal waste pipe in?

Thanks for that.

Wish there was another way, apart from a gopher carrying the slops in a bucket.

5A fuse is fine. Very unlikely it will trip the MCB - it would have to draw 30+ amps on startup to do so.

They all clog / jam / break / fail in every way possible. Is there really no way of getting a normal waste pipe in?
Never had a problem with ours in 5 years :D

Sponsored Links
I'm up north & dont have squits!
And my macerator is bust :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back