Magnaclean twintech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone show me proof of magnaclean twintech working. Specifically the gauze bit they have at the bottom to get rid of magnetic bits.

I am either going for this or spirovent.
thanks

Sponsored Links
The Spirovent Magna Boost is the best. More expensive but well made of brass, not plastic. A DIY job to empty using a bucket. I looked at it and thought it could be permanently piped into a drain using a flex at the filter and some transparent plastic to see when the water is clear.

I did buy a spirovent the other day, and tried to put some sample water from a dirty system into it. But the water came out dirty on the other side as well.

Therefore i am not too sure it works. Majority people fix these twintech or spirovent on boiler system. And then just leave it. I am sure most people don't get to come back to it a few months on and see if the things actually working.

So i was wondering if anyone had pictures or been back after a few months and seen these filters actually working?

I've always thought that these kind of devices should be installed on a clean system and they are not for cleaning a system, perhaps I'm wrong.

Sponsored Links
I did buy a spirovent the other day, and tried to put some sample water from a dirty system into it. But the water came out dirty on the other side as well.

Therefore i am not too sure it works. Majority people fix these twintech or spirovent on boiler system. And then just leave it. I am sure most people don't get to come back to it a few months on and see if the things actually working.

So i was wondering if anyone had pictures or been back after a few months and seen these filters actually working?

I grabs solids. If the water is tainted a dark colour it will stay dark. If there was solids it would have collected in the filter. I have one experience with a magnaboost ans was impressed.

You correct it should be only used on clean system. But i have seen in clean system small bits coming in the system. And he basic question is which of these device would stop that small particle.

The original magnaboost is good for magnetic particles but useless for non magnetic bits. And i have seen non magnetic bits

Lets say this particle is 10 micron big and non magnetic.

thanks for the photos Johnd. Were the bits big or small? Also were the three samples done over different time period, or the same day as you let the water get cleaner?

Also anyone got samples of twintech like johnD spirovent ones?

You correct it should be only used on clean system. But i have seen in clean system small bits coming in the system. And he basic question is which of these device would stop that small particle.

The original magnaboost is good for magnetic particles but useless for non magnetic bits. And i have seen non magnetic bits

Lets say this particle is 10 micron big and non magnetic.

answer..no
spirovent employs zero E velocity

and for britain also has a magnet :rolleyes:

Can you explain the zero e velocity?

I am guessing it something to do with heavier particles than water falling to the bottom. But when water is flowing surely the flow carries the particles with it.
The spirovent have a thing called spirotube if i am correct?

It is funny i have seen in previous post tons of people recommend twintech but when it comes to actually giving evidence not a single person to stick up for it.

the samples were taken maybe a week apart and kept in jam-jars until the photo

the larger particles were bits of scale, solder, and possibly jointing compound. reducing brownness of water was probably rust staining. System had previously been powerflushed.

As the water passes through the spiro it spins in a vortex and particles tend to be caught in a labyrinth and fall into the collecting bowl

In my old mum's very old and dirty system I fitted a Magnaclean as it had a large load of black slkudge, I was very impressed by how much it trapped. X400 loosened a lot.

Can you explain the zero e velocity?

I am guessing it something to do with heavier particles than water falling to the bottom. But when water is flowing surely the flow carries the particles with it.
The spirovent have a thing called spirotube if i am correct?

It is funny i have seen in previous post tons of people recommend twintech but when it comes to actually giving evidence not a single person to stick up for it.

put simpley, the vortex creates a spiral down motion, the bottom it reverses and proceeds back up/

at the point of changing direction it has to stop, causing a heavy particle to drop from suspension.

Newtons First law
There exists a set of inertial reference frames relative to which all particles with no net force acting on them will move without change in their velocity. This law is often simplified as "A body persists its state of rest or of uniform motion unless acted upon by an external unbalanced force." Newton's first law is often referred to as the law of inertia.

thanks for the explaination.

Anyone ever fitted a water filter on a central heating system?

fitted dozens of the magnaclean prol,easy to fit and great results, clean several every week and results always amaze me (sad i know)

magnaclean profession is good for what it does which is collects metal bits but the reality is that there is also non magnetic bits wih floright pass the magnaclean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back