Magnaclean twintech

I am not convinced small bits of limescale will do a lot of harm on their own. It is the magnetite that grows into ever larger clumps and stick like smelly brown stuff to a blanket.
All things being equal, I would obviously have a system with zero pollutants in it, but as long as I can get the magnetite out, I am happy.

Sponsored Links
due to merchants round here not stocking spirovent magna boosters i usually just use a magnaclean pro and a strainer.

The original magnaboost is good for magnetic particles but useless for non magnetic bits. And i have seen non magnetic bits

The Spirovent magnaboost is a filter and a magnetic filter. It does both.

I am not convinced small bits of limescale will do a lot of harm on their own. It is the magnetite that grows into ever larger clumps and stick like smelly brown stuff to a blanket.
All things being equal, I would obviously have a system with zero pollutants in it, but as long as I can get the magnetite out, I am happy.
I agree with that. I am not a pro, but the amount of non-magnetic partcles I found was insignificant, and on another system I found vast amounts of black sludge, which a Magnaclean trapped, with the help of X400 to loosen it.

I am still not sure if my Spirovent would trap black magnetite as it is so fine. I have X100 in my system and it is now very clean with a stainless HEX so with luck I will not have that problem again.

Sponsored Links
i have found that magnaclean doesn't capture all the magnetite piece. It collects majority of it but not all. Especially fine pieces

Therefore i am not too sure it works.
I would take it back then.

Majority people fix these twintech or spirovent on boiler system. And then just leave it.
Do they? Have you spoken to the majority of people's customers?

I am sure most people don't get to come back to it a few months on and see if the things actually working.
Are you really sure? You don't seem very sure.

So i was wondering if anyone had pictures or been back after a few months and seen these filters actually working?
Yes.

I have sent magnaclean back to the manufacture and they say nothing wrong with it.

Goldberg as you say you have been back. Between the twintech and spirotech which would you choose?

I have sent magnaclean back to the manufacture and they say nothing wrong with it.
In that case there's nothing wrong with it.

Between the twintech and spirotech which would you choose?
I prefer the Spirovent because it feels so much more robust, and also because it's more compact.

Having said that, I've not had any trouble with either the Pro or the Twintech.

I've always thought that these kind of devices should be installed on a clean system and they are not for cleaning a system, perhaps I'm wrong.

I have had a brand new system installed with about 11 rads, a wood stove, a "thermal store" and new worcester oil boiler. The system is all open vent, on oil and wood stove side. I have beeen looking into magnacleans, spirotechs, boiler buddies and Fernox Total Filters. The plumber never fitted anything at all, didn't even put Fernox in the system as he said it "never works" in a system with a wood stove? I can't understand his logic there?

What would others here recommned on a new stystem? I have taken a couple of radiators off in the past few months to paint the rooms and already there is black mucky water in them???

The system has only been installed for 11 months... (although not finished yet, it's a sorry tale... and the "plumber" is back tomorrow to have yet another attempt at resolving problems.. :( )

The plumber never fitted anything at all, didn't even put Fernox in the system as he said it "never works" in a system with a wood stove?

... and the "plumber" is back tomorrow to have yet another attempt at resolving problems.. :( )
You may well find there is a correlation between his statement about inhibitor, and his inability to build a proper heating system.

I've always thought that these kind of devices should be installed on a clean system and they are not for cleaning a system, perhaps I'm wrong.

I have had a brand new system installed with about 11 rads, a wood stove, a "thermal store" and new worcester oil boiler. The system is all open vent, on oil and wood stove side. I have beeen looking into magnacleans, spirotechs, boiler buddies and Fernox Total Filters. The plumber never fitted anything at all, didn't even put Fernox in the system as he said it "never works" in a system with a wood stove? I can't understand his logic there?

What would others here recommned on a new stystem? I have taken a couple of radiators off in the past few months to paint the rooms and already there is black mucky water in them???

The system has only been installed for 11 months... (although not finished yet, it's a sorry tale... and the "plumber" is back tomorrow to have yet another attempt at resolving problems.. :( )

The plumber is a cowboy. Fit a magnaboost filter on the CH return pipe to the thermal store if the CH loops are run direct from the store. Put in about 4 cans of X-100. That is assuming the thermal store is all direct. Read the makers instructions of X-100. The total water volume including the thermals store must be taken into account. If the thermal store is open vented, pour a can of X-100 in yourself each year. No need to re-dose with 4 cans every 4 years.

Is the CH directly off the thermal store? Does the boier heat it directly? If so do I what I wrote. The filter will prevent sludge build up in the thermal store. Instead of sludge building up in the rads in a normal direct heated system it is shifted to the thermal store.

Yes, the boiler heats the thermal store directly and the CH is the same water but gets circulated to and from the store via the CH pump. So, yes, it looks like I need to follow your instructions about the X-100.

I liked the look of the Magnaclean Twin Tec, but haven't looked into the others much yet...

Cheers....

Apologies if I have hi-jacked someone's thread... maybe the moderator can split it out into a separate thread or something.. Have to excuse me but I'm relatively new to this forum stuff....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back