Magnaclean vs stainer.

B

blahblah

Has anyone here tried one yet? Am thinking of fitting one on a boiler change in progress. The system was horribly black. I've powerflushed it and taken off and hosed through the downstairs rads that are on drops as they still weren't clean. I'll also chemically hot flush it when its up and running. I don't think I'm paranoid but I have serious doubts as to how clean it is. New rads aren't an option it seems.
This job is via a builder but of course it'll be my name on the ticket. Any advice before I try an convince him? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, i put a magna clean in when I changed the boiler (but not the rads)last week. the system was pretty clean to start with and I chemically cleaned it as well. The magna clean has collected a bit of magnetite, so it seems to work, but a week isn't long enough to say more

I would whant to know why was the system so black in the first place and rectify the problem. ;) ;)

I use one while powerflushing to catch the magnetite which has been dislodged so your powerflush doesn't recirculate the magnetite in and out of the rads over and over. Makes a good powerflush partner. I leave them in if customer wants it enough to pay for it. Wouldn't be without one myself.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Paul. I've just seen that Magnaclean are selling one designed to go in line in the the powerflush hose.

No, but the one that goes in the powerflush line is a BIG double one and it collects a lot of crud, which makes the customer think your bill was worth it after all.

I think the MagnaClean one is a bit naff looking. It looks like the sort of thing you'd make in your garage. And it sits at an angle - weird! And it's too expensive. Fernox make one that looks the biz, and I think it's cheaper. What worries me about the MagnaClean one most of all is that they don't say anything about temperature. Would it crack if the system over-heated??? :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back