Magnets

Mr W

You are taking risks putting it in ( or on ? ) your van.

Possible danger of inducing electrical currents in wires and screwing up who knows what or interacting with any of the now common magnetically-driven functions ( as well as many sensors)

If you let anybody handle two of them , I would suggest with work-gloves only.

What usually happens is that some bloke manages to separate them, smiles and relaxes and lets his hands move a few mm closer and then .......WHAM.

If you get just a pinch of flesh caught between these, it is very difficult to get them off as the "patient" is screaming and dancing around.

Industrially magnets similar to this are generally used in motors - big new uses include hybrid cars and also the generators in wind-turbines - but these would far more expensive because of the technical properties required.

The ones you have bought would only be good for picking up ferrous particles from foodstuffs maybe.

Neo is a reactive metal, so if you chip the Ni coating it will start to oxidise to a dusty brown powder. So , to be a proud magnet owner, you might want to try and cover the "wound". Sorry, though, I don't know what to use to do that, try some good primer paint maybe.

Regards

A former magnet salesman.

Sponsored Links
Industrially magnets similar to this are generally used in motors - big new uses include hybrid cars and also the generators in wind-turbines - but these would far more expensive because of the technical properties required.

I have a relative who has dealt with those, and he explainded (truthfully or not) that they were strong enough to pull the iron out of your blood. I am sceptical of this but I guess anything is possible if the magnetism is strong enough.

Mr. W.

"..strong enough to pull the iron out of your blood. "

Well, no . If that were the case, how could anybody ever service the motors ?

It would also mean you would be torn apart in a MRI scanner, which would rather defeat the object of putting you in :)

Sponsored Links
Back