Main 30he DHW issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Main 30HE that's having an issue on the DHW. When I run the hot water, the boiler runs absolutely fine, but the primary water is largely getting diverted out to the CH circuit. I know it's a fairly common with these boilers that this will happen if the plate heat exchanger is blocked, but I've had that off and it looks fine and the CH water was totally clear. Is it possible that it is still blocked/furred up despite looking ok? Is there any other common spot to get blocked up and cause this issue, or is there any other obvious fault that might be occurring?

Sponsored Links
I considered that but I was under the impression that on this boiler if the DHW diaphragm activated properly and pushed the pin far enough out to hit the micro switch (which it is doing) then the diverter valve would also fully open. Could be wrong here though. It would make sense that the diverter valve is not fully switching positions.

Diverter valve requires replacement.
Nothing whatsoever to do with plate.

Sponsored Links
Strip divertor and clean and grease the pin in back section

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back