DHW Microswitch not engaging even with new diaphragm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler model potterton 30HE
http://www.potterton.co.uk/docs/Potterton_Performa_30_HE_Installation_and_Service_Instructions.pdf

Im having a few issues:

- DHW always hot when heating on.
- DHW not working unless tap fully open.

I read the manual and came up with the following.

I used an infrared thermometer and the plate heater exchanger is hot 70c even when the boiler in central heating only mode. This suggests the diverter valve is knackered?

Next the microswitch for DHW doesnt engage unless taps are fully open. I changed the diaphagm but the issue is still there, so am i right in saying its a hydraulic venturi issue?

Is this the part that is at the other end of the sensing tubes?

$_35.JPG

Many thanks all :D

[/b]

Sponsored Links
yes thats the venturi and providing you have fitted the diaphragm correctly then this does stop the proper pressures on either side of diaphragm being achieved.
When you take it apart you will find the plastic bit at end has fell apart and spring and bits are still left in housing , fish them out sometimes they have disappeared into the plate.
You need a 24mm ring spanner to get venturi out and when you order it you only need the end plastic bit with the spring , costs about a tenner

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back