main bonding query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just done a main bond for someone, picked up water, and an oil supply which comes in to an aga. I also picked up a boiler which has an oil supply to it, but it is located outside, with a seperate feed to it and another feed to the aga from the oil tank.

Was this neccesary considering the oil line didnt actually enter the building due to the boiler being situated outside.

Thanks.... :D

Sponsored Links
I think so because as far as I can read the oil tank is connected to the Aga which is inside the house.

Sorry not very clear, what i ment is was it neccessary to also pick up the boiler I had already picked up the aga oil line seperatly. The oil line to the boiler (which is outside) had a seperate oil feed.

No, I would have picked up the parts that enter the house.

On a tangent.

At our last NIC inspection, we had ommited a gas bottle (bottle not tank) supply to a single gas fire in a pub. Directly through wall. The fire was actually not their during our install, but NICEIC being them questioned how we would bond it......

I sait as the pipework entered the building, within 600mm and before any
tees (there where none).

This went down great, but he also said questioned if the pipework connected to a gas bottle sat on a concrete slab should be deemed an extraneous conductive part?

His final say was that any service eminating from the ground, no questions, bond. But oil tanks, gas tanks, gas bottles.....depends on the install. If it is an oil tank sat on blocks with a copper pipe to the boiler......is it really classed as an exraneous conductive part? In their eyes, they would prefer to see it bonded, but would not kick up a fuss if it wasnt.

I will continue to bond anyhow, but worth a mention.

Sponsored Links
This went down great, but he also said questioned if the pipework connected to a gas bottle sat on a concrete slab should be deemed an extraneous conductive part?

Was the gas bottle in a shelter or open to the elements?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back