Main combi water seepage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Main combi 30 HE . There is some slight water seepage around this bolt head. Would isolating the cold water inlet be sufficient before I remove this and would this be typically a washer or o'ring that needs replacing.
Took this screen shot off a you tube video for reference.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• main.JPG
    main.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 306
Sponsored Links
Is there actual water there or just evidence of a previous weep if the later just leave it alone it won't do any harm

Sponsored Links
if your boiler is the same as that then the white drain cock at the RH side of your pic is the drain for the boiler, make sure you cover the pcb housing with a towel or cling film or something your boiler is notorious for any leaking water to go straight into the pcb

Thanks both

ianmcd
Thanks for pointing out that drain cock. I was thinking I might have to drain the whole system.

gas11
There is some water visible when the boiler is cold and i turn on the hot water. Not enough to start dripping, though looking at the rust patch underneath it has been at some point in the past

IMG_20200113_190253657.jpg

Quick question before I drain the boiler using the stop cock. Will it be necessary to close off the radiator valves to minimize water loss?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back