Main Eco Elite 30 Combi Boiler Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have been in my property for two months and the boiler has been working perfect. I was away at the weekend so turned the boiler off on the consol on Friday morning. On my return on Sunday, I turned it back on and the central heating won't fire up, hot water is working.

No light on the central heating consol, pressure is fine. I'm really baffled as to why it is not firing up considering it was working with no problems up to the point I turned it off. I have tried resetting it and turning off at the mains but nothing.
The thermostat is not in use as the previous owner left the batteries in and leaked, I have just been firing up on constant when needed and the occasional timer.

Any ideas as to what the issue is?

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20240415_171239446.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240415_171239446.MP.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20240415_171306415.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240415_171306415.MP.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20240415_171246889.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240415_171246889.MP.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
The thermostat is not in use, been manually firing it up when needed.

Sponsored Links
How about the CH 2-port valve, having been latched open to keep the heating going, then turning the power off and back on, released the valve?

It will still have been part of the circuit unless the wiring was altered?
I'm guessing the receiver is still in the boiler but the thermostat unit has never been on and batteries are dead. Went to put new ones in today but one of the batteries had leaked, clean it up best I could with rubbing alcohol but it wouldn't come on.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I'm guessing the receiver is still in the boiler but the thermostat unit has never been on and batteries are dead. Went to put new ones in today but one of the batteries had leaked, clean it up best I could with rubbing alcohol but it wouldn't come on.
Yes, but if it was left in the on position, you turning it off might have then broken that circuit. As a temporary solution you could link the thermostat out a the boiler end or at the receiver end (if you’re certain it’s wireless), or press the override if it has one.

How about the CH 2-port valve, having been latched open to keep the heating going, then turning the power off and back on, released the valve?
You've lost me . I'm a novice when it comes to boilers hence why I'm here. Could I locate this myself maybe and fiddle with it?
It was only serviced last year, was in my completion docs.

Attachments

• PXL_20240415_200943058.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20240415_200943058.NIGHT.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 8
You've lost me . I'm a novice when it comes to boilers hence why I'm here. Could I locate this myself maybe and fiddle with it?
It was only serviced last year, was in my completion docs.
Unless you have 2 thermostats, you don’t have zonal heating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back