"MAIN" unvented cylinder misbehaving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just had a 210 Ltr "MAIN" unvented cylinder installed in my uncles house because i have always had one and they are brilliant, but its a total nightmare, the plumber who install it has the ticket to do it because he has repaired mine before, the problem goes alittle like this, pressure is fine, there have been two two port valves installed in sytem as required by manaul both operate fine when heat or hot water is called for, central heating works, fine no problems at all, open the cold taps and the water goes from cold to luke warm, open the hot tap and it goes from piping hot to freezing cold, the whole thing is not working at all, but outlet pipes at cylinder are hot, there is a toilet behind the cylinders current location with a sink and two seperate taps hot and cold, i.e. no mixer and the water misbehaves there as well, downstairs their are all mixer taps and the water just does not do what its supposed to do, what could it be.... ps plumber and electrician have been over the whole thing and they have no answer...

Sponsored Links
While I have my unvented ticket, I'm really not great with it so tend not to work on it.....

Having said that, it sounds more as though hot and cold are mixing at some point.... Mixer showers and taps are often the culprit.....

Martin

Sound as though a shower or mixer has been fitted on the unbalanced side, ie; before the pressure reducing valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back