unvented cylinder pressure vessel

Sponsored Links
Getting dangerous again waterways. Instucting where only G3 should be involved, you incompetent pensioner :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Can someone please advise whether this is a pressure reducing valve after the main tap and drain. It has the letter Y on the body and the pressure gauge. It is presently at 1.5 bar. Is it adjustable - there is a screw on top of the unit.

Can someone please advise whether this is a pressure reducing valve after the main tap and drain. It has the letter Y on the body and the pressure gauge. It is presently at 1.5 bar. Is it adjustable - there is a screw on top of the unit.

That is a pressure reducing valve. Test the pressure after the valve, and as been said you have to test various bit of pipe before and after the valve. Replace the stopco ck with a full bore co*ck.

Sponsored Links
Go back to respite BigBurnerwaterdrivel.

Your incompetent input is not wanted on here.

You again just make yourself a bigger laughing stock posting under different alias's :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Look at the label on the cylinder. What is the maximum pressure? Unvented cylinders can usually take around 3.5 bar. Turn up the pressure reducing valve to 3 bar and see what happens. It may be that the setting was far too low.

Look at the label on the cylinder. What is the maximum pressure? Unvented cylinders can usually take around 3.5 bar. Turn up the pressure reducing valve to 3 bar and see what happens. It may be that the setting was far too low.

The manual says "Max working head 10.3 bar" and the opening pressure on thd T&P valve is 7.0 bar, so I presume I can go ahead!

The manual says "Max working head 10.3 bar" and the opening pressure on thd T&P valve is 7.0 bar, so I presume I can go ahead!

Before I go ahead could someone please comment

Usually the most common setting for this valve is 3-3.5 Bar, regardless of how high your incoming pressure is.

The 7 Bar cold PRV will blow for safety if the incoming main exceeds 7 Bar.

If you have over 3.5 Bar then you should get excellent results, as this valve will reduce all the mains down to 3.5 Bar, so if extra taps are turned on the valve will open further to maintain the 3.5 Bar it is set to.

This is called a balanced supply.

Usually the most common setting for this valve is 3-3.5 Bar, regardless of how high your incoming pressure is.

The 7 Bar cold PRV will blow for safety if the incoming main exceeds 7 Bar.

If you have over 3.5 Bar then you should get excellent results, as this valve will reduce all the mains down to 3.5 Bar, so if extra taps are turned on the valve will open further to maintain the 3.5 Bar it is set to.

This is called a balanced supply.

Thankyou gas4you. I have taken a more cautious route and set at 2.5 bar. This has improved the situation greatly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back