Mains Electricity Operated Chainsaw Parkside 2200W vs. Titan 2000W

most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-world_f30ff1ca-6b39-46a1-a2b9-cc180b9776f1_2048x2048.png
Interesting, Diver Fred, that deep-underwater working is nowhere on the list of dangers. And aircraft pilots and flight engineers at #2? Are they including military air crews and using data back to WWII?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I wanted to trim my hedge/trees, so my son got the Aldi multi-tool, but I found starting it at my age not so easy.

So I got the Lidi multi-tool very similar but two batteries, both have faults, although a chain saw on a stick is good for high branches, they call them loppers. One on the ground, pain to cut into sections at arms lenght.

However given either climb the tree or use one on stick then latter every time. And petrol or battery it is battery every time.

As DIY we don't want chain saw very often, same with hedge cutter on a stick, being close is a lot easier, but we don't want a shed full of tools, and the one on a stick does nearly all I want.

I've got the chain-saw attachment for my Ryobi corded stick. As you say, does most that I want, and being realistic I probably shouldn't want more, for safety reasons.

Idiots with chainsaws

Actually, I think the people at 0:50 (who also appear later) are trying to bring the trees down onto buildings - guess they're entirely clearing the site.

The one that gets me starts at 3:43. Look where he puts his arm at 4:55, and what happens some 40s later...

Sponsored Links
It's fine.

As long as it falls in exactly the way you planned for.

I've got a few guys coming, (hopefully), next weekend to take down an ash, cherry and hazel tree.
They will take it down in sections until they are about 6' tall then reduce them to small stumps.
Ash and cherry are about 40' and hazel a little smaller at 30' at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back