Mains flushing toilets - available in UK?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am very limited for space in my bathroom, and want to fit a wall-hung toilet, flushed direct from the mains. I can get a product in Australia that does this:

[url]http://mainsflush.com.au/index.php?page=commercial-toilets[/url]

but I cannot find them in the UK. THe water regs say these are permissable in commercial properties - but I think I gat away with it becuase my water is all fed from a storage tank, not from the mains - I live at the top of a hill - and then pumped into the house.

Does anyone know of a supplier in the UK that can provide such a sensible and logcal piece of kit, or similar?

Sponsored Links
THe water regs say these are permissable in commercial properties - but I think I gat away with it becuase my water is all fed from a storage tank, not from the mains

Then they are not mains feed.

Flushing of toilets / urinals requires a CAT 5 Fluid protection level . You can not get this directly off the mains . You could install a break tank with a weir type over flow and then boost the pressure . Any product you buy has to be WRAS approved and if not I would consult your local water authority before fitting it or you risk a major fine through contamination of the water supply . Also only use a qualified plumber who is familar with the water regulations .

Only a Water Regulations qualified plumber should install any mains water pipework or appliances or alternatively a water co inspector needs to check it.

That would apply to mains flushed toilets if they were permitted ( but they are not ).

Tony

You could fit an in-line non-concussive valve like the

Pegler 890-2 exposed:
20045_a.jpg

or the

Pegler 893-2 concealed:
20046_a.jpg

combined with a flow regulator:
YF_Main_5861241.jpg

The valves run for aprox 30 seconds. An 8 lpm flow regulator should give a flush of aproximately 4 litres, a 12 lpm FR should give a 6 litre flush, and so on.

Preferably with a double check valve.

All you've got to do now is attach your 15mm mains pressure pipe to the 11/2" flushpipe and hope the water board don't find out.

Sponsored Links
You could fit an in-line non-concussive valve like the

Pegler 890-2 exposed:
20045_a.jpg

or the

Pegler 893-2 concealed:
20046_a.jpg

combined with a flow regulator:
YF_Main_5861241.jpg

The valves run for aprox 30 seconds. An 8 lpm flow regulator should give a flush of aproximately 4 litres, a 12 lpm FR should give a 6 litre flush, and so on.

Preferably with a double check valve.

All you've got to do now is attach your 15mm mains pressure pipe to the 11/2" flushpipe and hope the water board don't find out.

Connected to the mains ? I don`t think so

Connected to the mains ? I don`t think so
I was using a bit of irony, hence the words "mains pressure" being in bold and the referrence to the water board not finding out.
I'm sorry if it was 6'6" off the ground.

How come the water regs permit this type of connection for "commercial premises" provided a non-return valve is included, but not for residential? This doesnt make much sense - the risk is the same, is it not?

It also seems that the Australians are capable of it - are we that incompetent in the UK?

I suppose you could feed it via an air gap such as a tundish. This may be illegal!

Saniflow compact - not exactly attractive in a modern bathroom! I think I have solved the problem, as it happens - a built-in WC frame with front access panel from Thomas Dudley - which fits under the window sill by 1mm!

Thanks for your advice - althou I still do not see why we cannot use mains water in this country - or are the Aussies slightly less propne to government regulation!!

What's not attractive about it, it's exactly what you asked for!? It's a cisternless toilet pan with direct water mains connection.

Looks like this when installed
190437-section-view_sanicompact-macerator.jpg

Sorry muggles - just not what I would call stylish in a modern bathroom. Plus not entirely sold on the idea of a macerator, if I do not need one.

If you look at the profile of one of the more talented plumbers on here called IronNaz, you'll see details of a bathroom he installed. The interesting point is the douche shower head (it's a moslem thing I believe) which you could install nearby and use to flush water down the pan. Providing the hose isn't long enough to allow the showerhead to be submerged, then you might get away with it.

I'm off now before the other kick my head in ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back