mains or from the tank!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok my house ( not living in it at the moment) had an old back boiler that I have removed, as I am going the combi route. (2.5 bed just me and mrs)

well the tank in the loft is quite large and looks quite new, I have noticed that the tank feeds the bath 22mm, and also feeds a shower. that is it the rest of the cold water runs direct from the mains.

looking closer at the shower (triton aqua) it has a hot and cold feed. ( so I get I will have to scrap this with the combi?)

what I want to know is should I leave the tank just feeding the bath cold 22mm, and cap of the shower outlet at the tank?

or would you go mains direct to the lot, the pressure is quite good, but I like the sound of the tank, just thinking what it will be like with the dhw running at mains through the isar, and the cold through the tank.

Darren

Sponsored Links
You need the hot and cold pressures to be the same for things like mixers, so you would only normally consider keeping the tank for a wc, say. The shower may work with H & C both high pressure, ask Triton.

Combi - so measure your cold pressure and flow before you make a terrible mistake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back