Mains Smoke Alarm Compatibility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to change a mains smoke alarm.

Are all mains smoke alarms compatible with each other, i.e. can I buy any brand of mains smoke alarm, wire it into place, and it will play with the other brands of smoke alarm on the circuit?

Also, are back plates compatible, or will I also have to replace the back plate? I've attached some photos of the alarm and the back plate. If I could buy a physically compatible alarm, I obviously would, but I've no idea how to find one. The type of back plate doesn't jump out at me from adverts.

The alarm is a "One Electrical Model ET8006-UK".

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You need to stick to the same manufacturer, and then, quite often the same range.

I am not familiar with the ones in your shot, but believe them to be the brand stocked by CEF (City Electrical Factors).

You would need to change the back plate for a different brand, and every other detector & base too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back