Mains Water Pipe Cut Though

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So at the weekend I was digging and managed to put a spade right though the Main Supply to my new cottage. The pipe is black and 25mm OD I managed to get a 25mm stop cock on as you can see in photo.

Will this connection be OK, as it is designed for the Blue MDPE pipe. I cant tell if it is leaking at all as with all this rain the hole fills up.

water.jpg

Sponsored Links
The rate that water comes out, I am not keen on taking the tap off again, I was just going to add a stop cock cover. This was all I had to hand at the time, one thing, good flow and pressure :)

Won't there be a stop cock out in the street somewhere that you could turn off? I'm fairly ignorant to whether this is normal or not - but I've always had one, next to the meter if you have one of them.

Sponsored Links
Did you put a tight fitting insert into the black pipe?

If there is no stopcock further back then you used to squash the black pipe flat to stop the flow of water.

But I don't know if that's wise when its probably 25 years old now!

Tony

What sort of fitting you use? What brand?

I think you need a insert suitable for black pipe.

Daniel.

He does not seem to have read my posting at 1252 yesterday!!!

Morning,

I did put an insert in yes, then hand tight the Tap and 1/8 turn extra with pipe grips.

Still been raining here so still impossible to tell if it is leaking a little bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back