mains water pressure for new combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just after some advice/clarification

Customer wants a 42cdi installed for a house with two bathrooms.

Most of the house is a new build extension, so when i went out the only water point was an outside tap that i rigged up for the builder to use during the work.

I measured the pressure and flow rate at the tap, 4/5 Bar and approx 22lpm on the weir gauge. So would assume is all ok?

However confusion has now arisen as a plumber went out before all the work began and measured the pressure, whilst having 3 other outlets running cold water and advised client that he only has 1.2 Bar.

Assuming my measurements and the other guys, do they both 'tie' up based on his having outlets open?

Any problems you can see with the information given?

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
The problem seems to be that you measure the static pressure and the open pipe flow rate.

But you dont appear to understand the concept of dynamic flow rate!

Tony

How do i not understand dynamic flow rate then? Read the post again and you will see that the ONLY outlet to the property is one outside tap that has been left live for the builders.

Pretty hard to measure dynamic with no other outlets to open, unless you know something i dont?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back