Advice on pressure and flow meters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've recently acquired a host of tools off my uncle (a plumber) who passed away. In his kit he has two tools that I'd like to know more about. I believe that one is a pressure measuring device and the other a flow meter. They look pretty much identical to the Water Pressure Gauge and the Weir Gauge found at the following link.

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/118.asp

I tried messuring the pressure at my property with the pressure gauge by connecting it to my outside tap. The needle moves accordingly when the tap is turned on but after a few seconds the pressure build up blows the unit off the tap. Am I doing this properly? Can any of you give me some simple advice?

I don't have a clue about the Weir gauge, any advice on its uses and how to use it would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

J

Sponsored Links
If it's a slide on rubber fitting, don't expect it to stay on by itself, you need to tie it on. You could have over 100psi at some times of day in some places.e

Oilman,

It is a rubber thing, I gave it a go on my outside tap yesterday and the pressure blew the fitting off the tap (luckily it was held on by it's chain). The rubber fitting leaked a small amount of water just before blowing.

Should I have opened the tap fully (or does this not matter) and will the needle stop moving once the static water pressure has been reached?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back