Mains water turned off - dishwasher now not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night, did my usual and switched the dishwasher on. I also had a load of laundry on in the washing machine.

The washing machine started making funny noises and I realised that there was no water.

I ran and switched both the washing machine and dishwasher off and had to just leave them - mains water was off.

The washing machine is fine but the dishwasher isn't working. I switched it on, it drained and then nothing - when I opened the door, it sounded like it was sucking air in.

Anyone any suggestions please? It's full of manky dishes and I really don't fancy having to hand wash them all :(

Oh, it's a Neff dishwasher.

Sponsored Links
with luck, it will reset if you unplug it and leave it for a while.

Otherwise, find the instruction book and see if it helps. It may be indicating a fault code on the display or flashing lights.

Touching wood, it seems to be working. It was like there was an air lock in it, so instead of freaking out and switching it off when it was making the horrible noises, I left it and eventually, the water came through.

And Neff wanted £95 to come out and look at it....................

Sponsored Links
That's probably exactly what it was, an air lock. Leaving the machine allowed the air to purge up to the end of the pipe & be expelled after the water supply was reinstated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back