Maintenance free junction box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to join some old wiring to new wiring within the ceiling void and read about the above. This will become inaccessible.

I plan to use the Ideal Connectors but these need to be enclosed as I understand it. There’s no moisture to be concerned about here.
q. Can I now use any of the junction boxes to house my ideal connectors?

This as an example: https://www.toolstation.com/junctio...AXN5y_VJuurXTZEcZlBoCQR4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
As I understand it if you plan to use spring clamp terminals in an inaccessible location they need to be part of a bs 5733 maintenance free junction box. That can be either a single piece junction box (e.g. the HAGER/ASHLEY J803/J804) or it can be an approved combination of box and terminals (e.g. the ideal insure boxes with approrpriate ideal terminals or the wagobox series with appropriate wago terminals) but it has to be approved as a combination, you can't just use any old box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back