32 amp CCE to 3-pin plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. A BBQ site states they have a 32 amp socket available. There are CCE to standard domestic 3 pin plug outlet adapters available for 16 amp to 13 amp conversions - will these work for 32 amps as I can’t find any that specify 32 amp. Looking to use a domestic kettle to boil some water for a cuppa.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i am quite confused here you have statements like "32 amp available"
this suggests to me they will be supplemental to standard plugs rather than the main choice
have you asked iff 13 amp normal sockets are readily available ??

32A plugs and sockets are physically bigger than 16A ones. It can be hard to tell the difference from pictures or even looking from a distance but the difference is pretty obvious when you are up close and personal with them.

Easy enough to make one, grab a 32A plug, some 2.5mm²flex and a 13A trailing socket and wire them together. Screwfix sell everything you need.

To provide overload protection, the trailing socket should be either a single socket, or should be one with an integrated fuse.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back