Making a parallel branch on a soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post here and need some help!

I want to make up a 50mm parallel branch to join 40mm basin and bath wastes to a 100mm soil stack, as if I join them directly it's too close to the toilet connection. Just like it says in the regs.

What I would like to know is, does the J-shaped 50mm piece of the branch exist as a single unit anywhere, or do I have to make it up out of a bend, some 40mm branches, and lots of very short bits of 50mm pipe?

I've been searching for a single piece of the right shape but haven't found it yet, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right places...

Many thanks in advance for any advice!
--
Olly

Sponsored Links
If the branches are too close to the W.C. junction, simply lower the connections using some bends and connect via a boss at a lower point. Or you can do similar to as you suggest, but a 'swan neck' affair is usual practice AFAIK.

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the reply... will see what selection of bends might do the trick. J-shaped piece seemed most elegant though as the basin waste comes through the wall *right* next to the soil stack, so it makes sense for that to turn in the opposite direction and then join onto the parallel branch.

I'm just surprised that the exact thing pictured in the regs isn't available from every merchant, in the same way that Doc M toilet packs are :eek:)

Cheers,
--
Olly

Sponsored Links
You could try this! Similar I think to what you proposed.

Obviously the pipe will need to bend where it comes through the wall. If using solvent weld, (I always put a tee here, with rodding eye for cleaning access), turn it to point at 45deg away from the stack. Then use a 45deg bend to drop back to vertical running parallel with the stack, then a 90deg bend into the boss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back