Making an ecoTec 28 / heating system more efficient?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning,

Does anyone know if a good guide i can follow to make my heating more efficient?

The heating system is as follows:
DHW is from the combi.
Heating is split into two zones:
upstairs zone has two thermostats (1 in each main bedroom)
Downstairs zone has 1 thermostat (sited roughly in the middle of the house - in the hallway).

All rooms have TRV's (though maybe fitted incorrectly - some have the same head but different plumbing body, and i hazard a guess that some may be on the return rather then the flow!)
except in the hall way downstairs.

There are a mixture of old and new radiators throughout the house so i don't know the output of the rads (but could calculate maybe?)

So,

Anyone have a decent guide to how to make it run more efficiently or at least check whats going on/how efficient it currently is? ( I tried to balance once but got some strange responses - which is leading me to believe that some of the TRV's are not functioning correctly!)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back