- Joined
- 15 Feb 2008
- Messages
- 247
- Reaction score
- 10
- Country

I’m fitting a 125mm diameter fan duct into a (cavity) brickwork hole that’s a fair bit larger.
It’s a bit of a sketchy hole so I guess it’s been chain-drilled and chiselled (many years ago).
It’s close to 150mm but not quite - I fear any further chiselling will break a brick or two.
So I want to leave it be and fit a 125 duct and make good the oversize hole.
Am I best to SBR the insides of hole, locate the duct and push in sand/cement with a pointing trowel.
Or would one of the hybrid polymer filler adhesives be better to fill the gaps with.
Or I even wondered about a tile adhesive with some brick red dye.
Appreciate any advice.
Best D
It’s a bit of a sketchy hole so I guess it’s been chain-drilled and chiselled (many years ago).
It’s close to 150mm but not quite - I fear any further chiselling will break a brick or two.
So I want to leave it be and fit a 125 duct and make good the oversize hole.
Am I best to SBR the insides of hole, locate the duct and push in sand/cement with a pointing trowel.
Or would one of the hybrid polymer filler adhesives be better to fill the gaps with.
Or I even wondered about a tile adhesive with some brick red dye.
Appreciate any advice.
Best D