Making Hot Water to Wash Hands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to make some water warm to wash my hands at my office. What do I need to do it?

Previously there was a gas fired on demand water heater mounted on the wall above the basin that fed a hot tap. When that died, perhaps 15+ years ago, it was replaced with a 10l Heatrae Sadia Streamline mounted over the basin and the old hot tap disconnected.

Now I'm planning to tart up the loo but could do with some opinions from those that know about these things.

I fancy freeing up some face height wall space by positioning the heater below the basin, perhaps in a cupboard.

What are the pros and cons of a 10l heater versus instantaneous heater?

Sponsored Links
Pros of storage are better flowrate and smaller power supply required.

Pros of instantaneous are a smaller energy bill

Good point. I hadn't thought of how to power it.

I had a better look at instantaneous heaters, and they all seem quite power hungry. Running a new supply cable might be possible but probably expensive since it would need the sparky to take up floorboards.

I did spot a heater rated at 3.3kW which is probably just too much for the ring main, and another at 2.8kW which could be wired into the current spur. Are they too weedy to wash hands with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back