Making own skirtings and architrave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current husband has just laid a really beautiful maple parquet floor, (took a while but well worth the wait). We, (OK. I WILL be supervising), now need to fit about a mile of skirting, and architrave on two doors. We, (I), favour deep skirting (torus) and architrave in pine. Is it possible/ feasible/ sensible to make these at home? Is it cheaper than buying it? We have a router. Will we need a router bench?

I look forward to hearing from someone. :D

MrsTwoNames

PS I've tried asking HIM these questions but he just sucks in his breath through closed teeth and shakes his head in an irritating fashion.

Sponsored Links
PS I've tried asking HIM these questions but he just sucks in his breath through closed teeth and shakes his head in an irritating fashion.

Not surprised, buy it ready made

[/quote]

Dear Mrs twonames,

I told you already that we (I) would need a router table. Did you not believe me? I also told you that it would be a lot of faffing about.

Maxsys is my friend!

Sponsored Links
it will never be cheaper to make your own if its a standard mass produces moulding you will be unlikely to buy the planed size you require to mould for the cost off the ready made stuff
in other words its likely to cost you more before you buy anything :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back