Makita cordless drill Battery removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Makita BHP 456 cordless hammer drill,

I am unable to remove the battery,

could this be a catch or latch that holds battery in place has broken ?

Is there a way to remove this by stripping ?

unable to find diagrams.

Sponsored Links
Don't know about your particular drill but they do get hard to remove at times, usually holding the drill in one hand and giving the battery a good slap with the palm/heel of your hand (just imagine you are Bruce Willis slapping home a new magazine!) allows it to be removed normally afterwards.

Slide-on batteries can sometimes stick. Have you tried pressing-un the button and thumping the back of the battery casing? This works for me when I have a sticky battery. You can't really strip the battery down once fitted to a drill - the screws (if any - a lot of batteries are now bonded shut) are on the top and so hidden when mounted on a drill. You might be able to split the casing by removing the screws, but there's a risk that you'll lose some of the internals that way

STILL STUCK !

Now giving it a spray Penetrating oil around slide. will let this soak fot the night

Sponsored Links
Penetrating oil doesn't do much to plastic.. except damage it.

Clamp the drill lightly in a vice (wrap something around it to protect it), hold the release button in tight, and tap firmly on the back of the battery. Might get it out.

Now released, phew.

Didn't use that stuff in blue aerosol.

The oil I used was " BALLISTOL" I use this on my rifles and it does not affect plastic and is very good for metal and gun blueing.

when replacing battery I put a slight smear on battery slide should now come off in future .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back