makita cordless tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, ive got 2 makita drills, one with hammer and one without, both cordless nicd, i was wondering will the nicd batterys work with the newer nimh tools or vise versa? as i was looking for a cordless jigsaw and circ saw

thanks for the help

tom

Sponsored Links
yes
the nican and nimh are interchangable ( but the chargers may not be !)
the new lithium are not

thanks for your help, i wanted a jigsaw but the one i like is nimh, and my batterys are all nicd,

thanks again
tom

Sponsored Links
ok, thanks
sorry to ask the same thing again but, would an mxt jigsaw work with my nicd batterys?

thanks again
tom

The Makita MXT jigsaw will accept standard Makita Ni-Cad batteries.
The LXT model (don't get confused now) will not (LXT models only use Li-Ion batteries) ;) ;) ;)

PS, when using it, don't chop your fingers off ;) ;) ;) ;)

thanks john, will try not too, i usually get a punch in the jaw instead when the blade hits of the top of my material, that hurts like a mutha :)

tom

the jigsaw has a massive current draw - if your nicds are 1.3ah, you'll kill them. when i used it with the 1.3s i got a few minutes use - maybe 10? then they came off the saw very hot. and flat.

i bought a genuine makita 3.0ah nimh from folkestone fixings (who i recommend for service and price) just for the jigsaw, although it's now nesting in my drill bag and seems happy there.

im back again with another question, for a cordless jigsaw will 2 nimh 2.6ah batteries be ok or should i get 3.0ah batteries

thanks
tom

2.6ah will be fine, for the extra few quid i'd get the 3ah which would be a little finer :)

thanks, i bit the bullett and bought 2, 3.0 nimh batterys only about 15 quid more than the 2.6 batts and atleast i will have the best ones i can for my tools, again thanks for the help

tom

don't know where you are looking tom, but i keep singing the praises of folkestone fixings - service and price have always been good, and i've been using them for 18 months now

i cant seem to find a website, i remember you reccomending them before but i just thought you went in person to a shop

tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back