circular saw, corded or cordless? help please

Sponsored Links
you get what you pay for and i would not have that as a gift. but i think you only want cheap tat.

hi merlin, its not that i want tat, its just i would rarley use it and dont want to spent much, i have been looking for cheap, but branded names or some that have been recomended by people at work, but as you say you get what you pay for, so i might wait till payday and get something serious.

thanks for the help

tom

Sponsored Links
I have loads of bosch stuff, you can work it hard and it will not let you down. the cheap tools i have had in the past went in the bin. do not buy dewalt as its now part of black and decker and very overpriced

I have loads of bosch stuff, you can work it hard and it will not let you down. the cheap tools i have had in the past went in the bin. do not buy dewalt as its now part of black and decker and very overpriced

You really need to brush up on your history. B&D have owned Dewalt since 1960.

you get what you pay for and i would not have that as a gift. but i think you only want cheap tat.

And in my case I paid that much and got a Makita (sadly no longer available). Don't just look at the price.

"You really need to brush up on your history. B&D have owned Dewalt since 1960."
yes you have told me that before, i still think they are rubbish

yes you have told me that before, i still think they are rubbish

I too have heard of a decline in the quality of their tools. Personally I'm very happy with a wide mix of tools from the likes of AEG, Makita, Bosch, and a few 'budget' brands.

I wouldn't discount the Evolution so quickly. I've heard good things about their higher end tools, and without getting hands on with a saw it's difficult to appraise it properly.

thanks guys, i have a b nd d router and it has all the same parts as my bosses dewalt router, but his was 300 quid and mine was 50 they are really overpriced for not that much :)

i think ill go down to b nd q for the sales try tuff out and if i cant find anything quality, ill go for the bosch

are there parts and blades easily available?

thanks tom

For the Bosch? Very easily. I've repaired a number of Bosch machines, new and old, and no problem with getting parts. As for blades, they're standard 190x30mm, I have four..

You'll probably want a finer blade than the supplied 16t, for things with veneer mostly. merlin will now blow up, but I recommend Dewalt blades. I've used them for drill bits (but not screwdriver bits..) and saw blades for a while, they're excellent. A 48t will set you back £15-20.

thanks, i will be mainly cutting veneered ply at work so might be better off getting a much finer blade, thanks for the help everyone :)

and as you were saying about dewalt screwdriver bits, they really are naff last about a day a piece at work, nothing compared to wera bits ive had some for years and theyre stil going strong :)

thanks again tom

thanks, i will be mainly cutting veneered ply at work so might be better off getting a much finer blade, thanks for the help everyone :)

Also good advice: Tape the top of the workpiece with a good strong, non-marking tape (say, duct tape), it should help stop the veneer chipping. And cut with the good face down.

and as you were saying about dewalt screwdriver bits, they really are naff last about a day a piece at work, nothing compared to wera bits ive had some for years and theyre stil going strong :)

I use Bosch bits currently, reasonable life (considering the abuse they get from me and my seriously overpowered 'screwdriver'), not overly expensive. Dewalt bits.. I've never seen them sold in lots smaller than 25. That's a big neon warning sign.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back