Manhole problem..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we are currently in the process of a garden project and would like to lay turf over quite a large area. However, we have a manhole in this area which is 31 x 31 inches. I'm just after any tips or ideas with what we could do with this unsightly manhole! Ideally I'd like to buy a recessed manhole cover but they're a bit pricey so looking for alternatives!!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Simplest way would be to place , not fix , a slab or even bricks on top laid dry to allow for easy access to the manhole then put a pot on top. I'll also say don't even think of turfing round it and filling in with gravel .

Clean it up, paint it then place a large flower container on top. If you cannot hide something, disguise it as a feature.

Sponsored Links
Is this drainage or sewage ?

Can you install another manhole chamber further along the run with new cover then you could just cover this original one over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back