Manrose inline extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I have changed to an inline extractor fan and chose a non timer manrose model from screwfix. I have wired it using the switched live and the neutral and blocked off the the live. The fan is really weak but I have read online it has two speed settings and I hope it is on the lowest setting. I have no instructions and was wondering how I change the speed. I will appreciate any advice.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
What model number is the fan, and are you sure it is two speed.

Have you examined the innards of the fan - the terminal block area? There might be an unmarked switch. Try it.

Sponsored Links
I'll have another look in the morning. Really disipointed it came with no instructions !!!

Check the other unused terminal, if its labelled let us know what is written. It could be that this is the terminal to be used for the higher speed.

Edit: actually, let us know what is written on all the terminals on the fan.

I think it is the wiring that increases the speed. I currently have my switched live in the L slot, my neutral in N1 and N2 empty. I think i need to put the unswitched live (currently blocked off) in either N1 or N2 but am not sure which one. Please help.

Why not email manrose and they will send you a wiring diagram, worth looking on the inside of the terminal box cover, there may be a drawing on it.
quessing and putting Lives into N terminals is not a good idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back