Manual Override on Homebase Outdoor Floodlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I recently purchased and istalled two 120W eternal floodlights which I purchased from Homebase. They both work fine and the PIR sensor works as it should.

The problem that I am having is that I cannot seem to manually override the PIR sensor so the lights stay on permanently. I know that this can usually be done by flicking the switch on and off a number of times however I just can't seem to get it to work. I am sure that it is me because I can't get either of them to do it (note that they are switched seperatately).

Like an idiot I threw the instructions that they came with away so I cannot refer to them. Does anyone out there have the same lights and know how to get the little beggers to stay on (other than rewiring them to bypass the PIR).

I have tried many patterns of on-off-on, but nothing seems to work. My neighbours must wonder what on earth is going on some evenings.

Cheers,

Rob

Sponsored Links
The problem that I am having is that I cannot seem to manually override the PIR sensor so the lights stay on permanently. I know that this can usually be done by flicking the switch on and off a number of times .... Like an idiot I threw the instructions ....
As holmslaw has said, a trip to Homebase might well be your simplest solution.

The usual technique is a rapid on-off-on sequence. However, not all such products (particularly not the cheapest ones) have this facility; are you sure yours does?

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I'm pretty sure the lights I bought have a manual override facility. I have checked on the Homebase website and the spec says so as well.

I guess I'll have to pop back and see what I can find out.

Cheers,

Rob

Did you try that link? It worked for my floodlight
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a 120W floodlight with PIR when I go to that link - and the instructions for the only PIR one I can find on that page does not mention a manual override (which may be a bad sign for the OP, if his/hers is the same make).

As I wrote to the OP before, easily is the most common manual override (when there is one) for these things is, starting with the power switched on, a rapid off then back on again. However, I presume that (s)he has tried that by now.

Kind Regards, John.

Sorry, linked to the wrong section. Click security on the left hand side and you will see a 120w unit in the products section. From that page is a link to a PDF instruction leaflet. It says that when you turn it on it 'warms up' for 30 seconds then you can turn it off then on again to set it to manual mode.

Sorry, linked to the wrong section. Click security on the left hand side and you will see a 120w unit in the products section. From that page is a link to a PDF instruction leaflet.
Thanks for clarifying.

It says that when you turn it on it 'warms up' for 30 seconds then you can turn it off then on again to set it to manual mode.
That sounds like what I suggested to the OP, so if (s)he's tried it without success, there may be a problem with it.

Kind Regards, John.

Only difference to your suggestion is that you have to wait 30 secs before you can set manual mode

Only difference to your suggestion is that you have to wait 30 secs before you can set manual mode
Possibly, but they usually come 'on' for that initial warm-up period, and I would have thought that the OP would probably have waited for it to go off before experimenting - but maybe not!

Kind Regards, John.

For the op , you can do this in daylight of you are worried about the neighbours :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back