Outdoor LED PIR Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I'm working my way through the house updating rooms and lighting and I need to tackle the exterior lighting at the rear.

At present there are two light fittings fixed about 1.5m apart each with a 50w GU10 bulb, these are operated by a switch in the kitchen. The light they produce is abysmal so they desperately need updating.

As the back of the house backs onto open land (easy access route for a burglar) while I update the lamps I would like to incorporate a PIR as a deterrent to would be thieves.

As well as the new lights acting as a deterrent I would like the new fittings to allow a manual override from the same switch so I can keep the garden illuminated if having a BBQ etc,

Can anyone recommend some fittings which would achieve the above?

Should I be looking at a floodlight with a built in PiR which the second floodlight connects to as a slave, or

A PiR with override capability installed which then feeds a supply to the new floodlights

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If using LED on PIR, you would require a low load sensor, as some sensors are not capable of switching LED low loads.
Most PIR motion sensors are capable of overriding,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back