Marmox finishing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm redoing an 800mm square shower alcove. It has two solid walls making a corner plus a stud partition with the plumbing in making a third wall. The solid walls are not at right angles and they have a ropey plaster skim so I'm going to true them up by boarding with Marmox multiboard 12.5mm, dot & dab then dowel. I've not used this before so I have a couple of questions:

1. I could Marmox board up to the ceiling, but I don't want to put the tiles that high, they're heavy, expensive 60cm ones. What would be a good way to finish the bit above the tiles? I'm a useless plasterer!

2. I have an Aquaseal tanking kit (primer, tub of tanking gunk, thick fabric tape) that someone gave me. Is it compatible? Marmox documents suggest just sealant between the boards and their thin tape to improve stability, but I want this thing to never, ever leak.

3. Getting a perfect 800mm square on three sides for the tray feels lilke a challenge so I plan to board the solid walls first, then seal the tray into that right angle. Then I would rebuild the studwork with 400mm centres at exactly the right location to put in the final board. Does this sound sensible?

Many thanks,

John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back