Mature 2330 L2 retrainer looking for practical experience

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Just started my L2 2330 C&G at Saltash Construction College. I'm retraining out of the Print Trade due to having gone through 2x redundancies & 2 job changes in last 18months! I have a stable position at the moment in Dorset which entails 3x w/end nights which I've been in for last 6 months. This leaves me 3 days during the week. 2x nights are for college study, but due to restrictive practical I'm looking for an employer that may be willing to allow me to shadow & build up my practical experience as an electrical labourer.

I'm not in any position to leave my job & work full time at present. This may be reviewed in 12 months, but for now I'd hope that a couple of days may suit both parties? I realise for the NVQ3 you need site experience & hopefully if an opportunity arises with the right company, a progressive working relationship may lead to employment possibilities. I'm obviously in this for the long haul, providing all goes well with the exams as & when they come around. I'm 34, articulate, methodical in manner of work due to the nature of my job at present. Reliable & trustworthy & not afraid of alot of graft!

My Tutor has advised that I may need to wait a few months whilst I get a bit more understanding under my belt. I'm in process of moving to Cornwall from Dorset, but would be open to other areas, around the South West, as have my own transport. I'd be interested to hear opinions or information from anybody whom may be in a position to offer me the assistance.
Many Thanks
Andrew

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid I'm not in a position to help you out but good luck anyway.You do realise that you will more or less have to start at the 'bottom' eg moving furniture, lifting carpets/floorboards, chasing walls, carrying/fetching tools etc etc It's not all beer and skittles but then I,m sure you've looked into it. ;)

Yeah! I'm quite aware that I'll be starting afresh. But The Print Trade isn't going to get any better, n stability not there for my future. Am I naiive in thinking then that obviously starting as I'd hope, couple of days per week , gaining some on-site practical awareness whilst I go about gaining qualies that within a few years of building on this that I'd soon move into doing more hands on electrical work?

Thanks for your reply anhow. Always best to have something rather than nothing
Cheers
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back