Shadow opportunity with Electrical Company?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Having read the posts here on 'How not to' & other Lads searching for opportunities to build up experience, I'll throw my hat in if I may...

Am 34 & have commenced the '2330 C&G Electrical Installation' course at Saltash College Cornwall - Construction centre. I currently work W/ends for an Instore Marketing Group in Dorset hence I have 2-3 days available during the week. 2x nights I attend College but wish to accelerate my practical knowledge. Print Trade is on its backside & although in a relatively well paid position am looking more to the long term.

Would an opportunity exist with any Electrical companies in the South West area (Cornwall/Plymouth/Devon) that may have a genuine interest in allowing a Mature retrainer to shadow them for the 2-3 days I have available? I have been advised to seek out Electrical Labourer positions by the college tutor. Without being naiive I will be willing to work for no salary in return for a genuine opportunity, as I am renumerated by my current job.

I am paying my own expenses towards my course fees, have my own transport with a clean driving license but have not applied for CSCS Card. I'd hope that this shows a genuine request & with the course being 3 years (including NVQ3) I'm in for the long haul so would not entertain wasting my own or other's time.
Look forward to any responses or advice.
Andrew

Sponsored Links
Why not see if any electrical wholesalers in your area will let you stick a poster up advertising your services (so to speak)?

Sponsored Links
Back