Max Earth length for equipotential bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
until i recieve my copy of OSG, can someone tell me the max length of cable from the CU to the point of bonding please?

I know you have to try and get close to the point where the services enter the house dont you? What do you do if the CU is at the opposite end of the house? Bond to a nearby pipe that is cross bonded?

cheers.

Sponsored Links
There isn't one, just keep it under 0.05ohm, if its a long run then that just means using a cable of greater CSA to get it below this

Nice one. And how close is 'close' to the sevice inlets? Mine all go into concrete through the kitchen. Must i rip that up or can i bond to the nearest point accessible?

Sponsored Links
600mm from point of entry for gas, if meter external.

600mm after stop tap or meter for gas/water if meter is internal.

Before any Tee's.

Or, as near as practicle - Some plumbers can put their tees sooo close to the stop tap you have little choice.

Older houses often have the stop tap and pipework rendered into the wall with just the turn knob exposed. Again - where praticable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back