Routing of main equipotential bonding conductors


7 Jan 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Can a main equipotential bonding conductor be routed from the MET via the exterior of the building in order to bond the water service pipe at the point of entry.

Reason I ask is my gas and water service pipes not co-located - the gas is in the same location as the CU but the water is at the other end of the house - currently the bonding conductor is 4mm for this and is routed through the internal wall structure. The path for a new 10mm is not easy within the interior as concrete floor, rooms in between CU water pipe - an external would be quite straight forward.

I can't see anything covering routing of main equipotential bonding but want to be sure before BCO come back and sign off CU replacement.

Oh, and then I'll be getting the NICEIC "nice" man round to check out my handy work too :)

Thanks ~rlc
Sponsored Links
Don't know of any reason why not. If it were me doing it I would run it in PVC conduit, as G/Y 10.0mm² isn't the most attractive thing to have on show!
:LOL: I agree its not the most attractive thing to have on show - I'll try and get it routed on the inside but just wanted to confirm should I need to go this route as last resort.

Cheers RF Lighting for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links