maxi 100 pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, im here hoping to find some help with my boiler. Today i bled my radiators as they were not heating up properly, there was ALOT of air in each one, thinking id fixed it fired up the heating nothing happened.

The flame light error light is on and the pressure bar is at zero which i thought i would be able to fix except i cant figure out how to do it. I THINK what im looking for is a "filling loop" but i cant see anything on there resembling a metal hose or anything at all so is there any other way this can be done.

Ill appologise in advance my knowlage in pluming is very limited (non existant) i enclose a picture of my boiler and its pipe work, im thinking my filling loop is missing and that it should be between those two black valves but how would i connect one? is there anything i can do to get this thing working tonight as its 1:30 am freezing cold and with young kids its just not fun at all.

Thankyou very much for your help, the pic link is as below

noloop.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's good practice to remove the filling loop after it has been filled to eliminate the risk of backflow.

Remove the caps and connect the flexi filling loop.

The pipe to the left of the gas is the mains water supply, and the second in from the right is a central heating pipe. You need to remove the two screwcaps and find/buy flexihose that joints these two and turn both the black tap handles by 90 degrees.

Get up to pressure - 1.2 to 1.5 bar when the system is cold will suffice, then turn the handles back to horizontal and loosen the hose (so it can't fill further up by mistake), which you can leave in situ.

thankyou for the help,

Is a filling loop a "standard" part or is there different connections for them?

Are they simple to plug onto those pipes? Do they push on or screw on or...? Is it possible for me to flood my house by botching it up and should the boiler be switched off before I plug the thing on.

Thankyou very much again for the replys!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back