maytag

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine (Maytag) stand pipe is over 47 and a half feet high with a p- trap. The standpipe comes up through the floor. I don't have a laundry sink set up. Anyway, everytime the dirty water drains out of the washing machine, it seems to catch up at the p- trap and starts to fill up the standpipe to overflowing. i have to cut it off for a few seconds until the drain water go down enough. Then i cut the machine back on and let the rest of the water drain out. but that eventually fills up and flow over. The strange thing about that problems is: when i screw loose the cold water hose and stick it down the standpipe and turn on the cold water (almost full force) to see if it will still overflow, i don't get that hanging up at the p-trap problem. It goes straight down. No cutting it off and on. The water from the cold water hose goes straight down and don't fill up to overflowing. Only the washing machine water from the drain hose does it. what is going on here. Eventually, the water that goes out the washing mach. drain hose will go down the standpipe. But, i have to keep cutting it off and on or the water will overflow

split from hi-jacked post, also your other post has been deleted, since you can not ask the same question in two differnt forums

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back