Mcalpine sink trap extend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a sink trap from Mcalpine product code WM11 I need to extend from the top with some standard 40mm but for the life of me can’t find the adaptor to allow this. I can find set extension parts from Mcalpine but none that will allow me to convert to 40mm of which I then can choose the length.

The tech doc says 1 1/2 spigot BSP

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Attachments

• 1818DB12-70AA-4CA9-8E68-B4154AC74590.jpeg
    1818DB12-70AA-4CA9-8E68-B4154AC74590.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 315
Sponsored Links
Hi

So that extends the connector I need that to say a compression end that I can push a 40mm bit of pipe in and do what I want with. A bit of 40mm pipe will not fit onto that connector you posted or to the trap without it.

Imagine for argument sake you have 10 metres of 40mm pipe and you want to connect to the top of that trap I need to convert that connection so it will accept a 40mm pipe.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
BTW .... What are you trying to do? Trying to think why you would want to put a sink trap on the end of a length of vertical 40mm pipe?

BTW .... What are you trying to do? Trying to think why you would want to put a sink trap on the end of a length of vertical 40mm pipe?

It was to make the best of a bad situation and adapt something to fit a current item. However as the day has gone on I have decided to just buy a new waste and overflow for a sink and won’t require any adapting.

Was trying to save a few pounds but would rather quality over a bodge so :cautious:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back