MCB labels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question....

A friend of mine (qualified sparky) did me a favour and installed a new CU. He went back offshore and is now remaining offshore due to the virus.

He was meant to come back and label the MCBs but didnt.

As Im now getting bored at home I was going to do this myself. I assume the only way to determine what MCBs do what is to simply turn everything on and then flip each MCB noting what goes off and where.

However, is there a quicker way of doing this that anybody knows of? Just wondering if theres a quick easy way before i make dozens of return trips to and from the CU.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Good guess is MCB size, 6A normally lighting, may be smoke alarm, or door bell. 16A normally immersion heater, 20A a radial, 32A ring main or cooker, 40A shower, 3 phase 60A the car charging point.

But having a good idea what to look for means your job is a bit quicker.

This is where you find lights and sockets in same room are from same RCD which is not what it should be, so you write on what they control, he returns and sees error so corrects, and then all labels are wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back