Ashley & Rock CU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10 year old Ashley & Rock CU, with the red labelled Supasafe breakers in it, and I need to find more, specifically a 6A and 32A MCB, and possibly a 6A RCBO.

I've searched on here and done some more digging, and here's what I have found.

Ashley & Rock is no more. They were taken over by Hagel who still sell a few things under the brand "Ashley" brand.

I've spoken to Hagel who were quite helpful, and have told me there were two types of "Supasafe", ones with red labels, ones with blue labels. The bloke at Hagel suggested if they were Blue label there was a chance, if they were Red label they were "completely obsolete".

He couldn't give me much detail on the Red label ones, as they weren't made by them, the Red label ones were manufactured by Merlin Gerin. Schneider Electric is the parent of Merlin Gerin.

I am awaiting a call back from a supplier who is checking with Merlin Gerin.

Has anybody managed to find any MCBs which will fit into this CU?

Sponsored Links
Ok, had a call back, and since a lot of people have asked about these I'll post up the details here, hopefully will help someone else.

Merlin Gerin current MCBs will work as a direct replacement for the red labelled Supasafe breakers.

Part No.s for a couple :

B32 = C60HB132
B6 = C60HB106

change the bold bit to get the Amperage you want.

Also got a Part No. for a compatible RCBO from Merlin Gerin :

6A RCBO = C60HC6R30

And those buggers are expensive, in fact, you could probably get a whole new fully loaded CU for less!

Sponsored Links
Having said that...

From the look of the picture of that RCBO, it won't fit in that CU. It's longer on the bottom side so I don't think it would fit, check before buying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back