mcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a consumer unit in my garage, and intended fitting a small ring of 13 amp sockets in my ajoining shed. The only slot left in the unit would require an mcb, with similar details, of which are, MK. LN5915, 415v M6
BS.3871 ( 1965) I know it is old.
Can anyone tell me where I can get this. In the UK, or Edinburgh area. The clamping sustem to the live bar is different from my newer units.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
New style MK that is.

I have some of the older MK breakers. Can you post a photo of your board, and I can confirm if they will fit.

It will be a couple of days before I can post a photo, but the basic difference seems to be that the new mcb's fit over a protruding piece of the live bus bar and are tightened by a screw in the mcb whereas the older type seem to fit behind the live bar and are secured by the screws from the front, going through the bar into the mcb.
I had heard of the retro fittings, but was told the remaining seven mcbs would require to be changed also.

Sponsored Links
The retro fit kit does allow upto 2 new mcb's to sit adjacent to older ones.

The older ones fit onto a 'combed' busbar, if that makes sense, a little like a fork, with a blade either side of the mcb terminal??

I have loads at work, but sods law dictates they will be of the incorrect value! I wont be able to search for a couple days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back