MDF Wallboarding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to purchase a few of the MDF fake tongue and groove (bead and butt) wallboards to fit into my bathroom. Darned if I can find a retail supplier. Any leads please would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What part of the country are you in?

B&Q warehouse do small sheets as well

Jason

Hi Jason, I'm in Diss on Suffolk and Norfolk border. Had a look at BQ web site but could'nt find the stuff.

I doubt they sell it on-line, look at the makers website for retail outlets, you will find quite a few B&Qs stock it.

You could also try Edens who have a branch in Norwich

Jason

Sponsored Links
Apparently BQ do stock this material so I'm off to Ipswich for a look. If I can push my luck further Jason, I read somewhere that the boarding can be glued onto the wall? Could I use an adhesive to glue it direct to the existing (strongly bonded) ceremic tiles and what adhesive would you recommend?
Thank you for all your help thus far.
David.

I would suggest a few screws top & bottom to keep it in place(can be hidden by skirting and top moulding) and then something like solvent free gripfill as this has a slightly longer open time.

There is a risk of the boards cupping as paint is applied to the front faces so the screws just give that bit more security, The boarding in this kitchen was done that way although I did machine the grooves myself.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back